Our story begins with the dedicated efforts of a small group of visionaries of the region in 1946, viz. Dr Vishram Hari Patil, Shri Murar Puna Chaudhari, Shri Viththal Narayan Patil and Shri Chhagan Madan Patil. There was only one Secondary School in the entire Shahada Taluka in those days. Anticipating the need for an educated workforce for an Independence India, they started 'New English School' at Prakashe, the largest village of Shahada Taluka. Prakashe is also blessed with the confluence of Tapti and Gomati and is considered one of the holy places in the State. The School grew rapidly and participated in the SSC board examination in 1952.
Dr Vishramkaka and the others started the Shahada Taluka Co-operative Education Society in 1952 to take up educational activities in the Backward Taluka of Shahada. 'New English School' was renamed 'Sarvodaya Vidya Mandir' and was brought under the umbrella of the Society to serve as a Model for Future Schools.
The Society Established 'Vikas Vidya Mandir' at Shahada in 1959, in a an 8 Acre Plot belonging to Sheth Viththaldas Kalidas Shah, an eminent businessman of Shahada, who gave it on a 99 year lease. The Society consolidated its activities by bringing the 'Nutan Vidya Mandir', founded by Gosavi brothers of Vadali, under its umbrella. The Society was also handed over another school 'K Y R Patil Vidya Mandir' of Kahatul, in 1972, for better quality education. The Society continues its activities by establishing 'Shri Krishna Secondary School' in 2000, at Fes in Shahada Taluka.
A very important event occurred in the year 1988. Mrs Sushilaben Shah, daughter-in-law of Sheth V K Shah, honoured the request of the then Chairman Shri Fakira Jairam Patil and donated the 8 Acre plot to the Society for its educational activities. This donation enabled the Society to speed up its expansion activities. A private Primary School, a Technical School and a Jr College were added in the campus.
Tatyasaheb Motilal Patil added a Diploma College in Technical Education, a Senior Science College under NMU and a women Senior College under SNDT in 2001 to the campus with generous donations from the community of Shahada Taluka.
The society now provides quality education from K. G. to Post-graduation in the Dr Vishram Kaka Educational Complex at Shahada. It is in the process of consolidating its position as a major force to provide quality education to the citizens of Shahada Taluka.